Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June Ipsy Bag

I recently joined Ipsy out of the pure jealousy of watching other people unbox their bags on youtube. I was previously subscribed to Birchbox, but I want more make-up. Birchbox is good if you're looking for a lifestyle box, but I was seeing more make-up in Ispy so I canceled my birchbox subscription and joined Ipsy! I was very pleased with this month's bag, and I have tried (almost) everything out, so I'll grant you with a mini review on each product. I'll also add the total value at the end of this post. If I like this, I might just make this a monthly thing that I do, and as always let me know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below. Now, onto the box!...erm, bag, whatever.
 



Let us start off with the most disappointing product, and the one that I can't see myself ever using at any point in time, and that is the J Cat Sparkling Cream Palette. Now you're probably thinking, oh!, eye glitter, a little 12 year old girl-ish, but could still be useful at one point in time. WRONG! It's not eye glitter it's body glitter and it can be very harmful to your eyes. Not that the packaging suggests any of this, I had to look it up online. There is no indication of what it should be used for, or any warning that it can be potentially harmful to your eyes. That is one reason why I don't like this product. The second reson is it isn't a good glitter. It is chunky and gritty in all the wrong ways and it looks obbrasive and high-school-cheerleader when you put it on. It looks to young for me, and I am quite young so I can't imagine what the older women who recieved this are thinking. I am just not a fan and plan to give this away or throw it away as soon as possible.
 
 
 
Next up is another product from J Cat: false eyelashes in EL42. They're very dramatic and the only product that I haven't tried yet, so let me know if you want a review. I don't wear false lashes on a day to day basis, so I'm waiting for a special occassion to wear them on. I'm hoping that they'll raise my respect for the brand a little bit, and I think they would look very nice as demis.
 

Next up is a product from a brand i actually knew about before this bag and it is a NYX Mosaic Blush in Dare. It has 5 different colors in it that ranges from purple to pink to bronze. The way it's laid out is convient, the bronzey shades together and the purple/pink shades together. It's very easy to get all off the colors or only a few. It is VERY pigmented and a little goes a long way so 1 swirl of the entire product with cover both of your cheeks fine. The only drawback I have is that it smells like old school cosmetics, the wierd powdery smell that reminds me of my grandmother and not in good way. Since it's not really noticable when you have it on I can live with it and other than that, it's the only bad thing I have to say about it.
 

Next up is my second favorite item from the whole bag, the Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tickle me Pink. I have been going through this phase lately were I take a dark lipstick and layer a lighter one on top of it to make it more summery. This is exactly what I've been doing with this lipstick! It is so creamy and a really pretty bright pink, perfect for layering underneath and also perfect for wearing on it's own. It sets in a demi-matte finish and doesn't settle into fine lines. Just to be safe I would do a liptreatment and the night before I was going to wear this alone. I really like this lip pencil, not only the shade, but the formula and the brand. I would definately recommend this product.
 
 

Last, but definately not least is my favorite product out of the whole bag, the Cailyn gel eyeliner in the shade Iron. There are 2 reasons why I love this product. One, it has a built in brush that makes it super easy to travel with, and to even take in your purse if you would want to touch it up throughout the day. Two, it is an awesome shade! Usually I don't like to wear eyeliner that isn't just plain black on my upper lashline. In fact I usually don't go for colored eyeliner at all, but I really like this one! It is easy to apply, easy to control and looks really good with brownish black mascara, so if you're going for a more natural look this is a great eyeliner to use.
 

P.S.-The nail polish I'm wearing is Penny Talk by Essie. :)
 
My overall thoughts on my first Ipsy bag is 4/5. The only thing I can't see myself using is the body glitter, and everything else I in this bag totally makes up for it! I love the eyeliner, and the lip pencil and the blush is good. Overall I'm really happy with my bag and it was definately worth $10, especially since the bag itself was so cute. The value of this bag is $48.98. A great deal for $10 considering all the products are full size. I am really pleased. As always leave me a comment telling me what you though of your Ipsy or Birchbox, or what you thought of mine. Until next time...
 
Ta-ta Dah-lings!
-Molly <3
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment