Saturday, June 22, 2013

Daily Hair Care Routine

So today, when I was putting my hair up in it's usually messy top knot, I was amazed by how soft it was compared to some of my friends. After giving it some thought, I've come to the conclusion that there were several reasons, ranging from up-keep, to products that I use, that keep it soft, smooth, and, most importantly, healthy.
 
Reason 1: NO DYE
 
I have never dyed my hair, which may come as a surprise to you, because in some lights, my hair looks like it has highlights, but those are completely natural. The most damaging thing I've ever done to my hair is getting a spiral perm in fifth grade. I'm not implying that dying your hair is bad, but if you don't take care of it properly, it can really damage your hair. Also, if you do it yourself, you can really hurt your hair with the dye/bleach.
 
Reason 2: Heatstyling Minimum
 
I hardly ever heat style my hair, and when I do, I use a shitload of heat protectant. My favorite is the Nexxus Heat Protection Styling Spray. To keep my hair healthy, I've come up with no heat hairstyles that I wear on most days, leaving the heat styling for special occasions.
 
Reason 3: Shampoo and Conditioner
 
My hair hates product. Which is why I shampoo it every day. My hair also easily tangles, which is why I use tons of conditioner, to keep it soft and smooth. I shampoo my hair twice and brush through it each time with a shower comb, which you can get at walmart for like 3 bucks, and then I conditon the shit out of it. I make sure I work it into the ends of my hair, never putting it in my scalp, because it just makes my hair oily, and then let it sit in my hair for about 3 or 4 minutes. Then I rinse it out, but I don't comb through it afterwards, as it can break my hair. Then I let it air dry, and put leave in conditioner on the ponytail section when it's damp.
 
These are some of the products that I use in my hair:
Nexxus Heat Protection Styling Spray
 
 Bed Head Urban Anti+dotes Damage Level 1 Shampoo and Conditioner
 
It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Lite
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and if you have any hair care tips and tricks, feel free to leave them in the comment section below. Until next time...
 
Ta-ta Dah-ling!
-Molly <3


No comments:

Post a Comment